Absolut newbie question about TexView

I am writing my very first Gtk program (using PyGtk for Gtk 2.0).

I have defined a TextView widget and filled it with some text.
(1) I should expect the layout of the TextView widget to be sunken like to
layout of the Entry widget (but       consisting of several lines, of course).
It is quite plain instead (looking dreadful). Can I change that?

(2) I then want to pack the TextView inside of a frame. Do I use
container_add for that? At the moment I do not know how to do that in PyGtk.

J.B.

http://www.gmx.net