Re: GdkColor weird type? Why not pointer like GtkWidget*....

>Thanks for reply.  You seem to know your stuff.
>If pointers are more complicated and unnecessary sometimes,
>then why does GTK+ have so many pointers?
>Why are many things of GtkWidget* type and not GtkWidget?

Perhaps the #1 reason is because its how some level of object-oriented
behaviour is implemented within GTK. If you went around defining
things as GtkWidget, they can only be a GtkWidget. If you define
things as GtkWidget *, then you have a pointer to something that is
*both* a GtkWidget *and*, say, a GtkWindow or GtkMenuItem.

>It seems like GdkColor is the first widget I found that
>is not declared to be a pointer in sample code I found.

Gdk<anything> is not a widget. Its a low-level data structure used in
implementing and controlling widgets.

--p