Serious Gtk 2.0 Compilation Problem (PLEASE HELP)

I installed Gtk 2.0 and could not compile the tutorial programs.
Then I had a friend of mine, who is a Unix expert, reinstall everything and
he could not compile the first tutorial program either.
So he told me that the problem was that pkg-config wanted to use
*-uninstalled.pc files and when he "linked thos files to *.pc files" (what that ever
means), the first tutorial program could be compiled.
I am an absolute newbie and do not understand what happened but my friend
told me that somethin went basically wrong here and his solution was only a
temporary one.

Can anybody help?

Janos Blazi

http://www.gmx.net