Re: motion events

Thank you both for the explanations. I now activate gdk_pointer_grab
with the "confine pointer to window" option and gdk_pointer_ungrab
in the relevant press and release handlers. This prevents the user
straying outside the drawing area during cursor movement.It now behaves
exactly as I would like.
Nick Soffe.