a main problem

Hi everyone,
I am quite new to gtk and this list.So here is my main
question.I am working on network programming,i mean i
have a completed programme in C which includes many
other functions.Now i need to build up an user
interface for it.But i dunno how to join the gtk code
with mine.for ex. where to put gtk_main(); so that it
will work?
The ones who experienced the same kind of problems are
welcomed.You may reply with an url of the answer also.
Thanks.