Re: Building Gtk+ (pkg-config not found)

> Hi,
>
> Janos Blazi <jblazi gmx de> writes:
>
> > I downloaded pkg-config... and installed it with
> >
> > ./configure --prefix/opt/gtk
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > After this I tried to build glib 2.02 but received the configuration
> error
> > "pkg-config not found".
> > I can see pkg-config in the directory /opt/gtk/bin and I also set tha
> > variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH (by setting the variable I mean I entered this
> line into
> > bash and then I entered export PKG_CONFIG_PATH though as I am a newbie I
> do
> > not know exactly what this mean).
>
> try this:
>
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gtk/bin
>

> Salut, Sven

This does not help either. Now I have tried so many things... For example I
set PKG_CONFIG instead of PKG_CONFIG_PATH and the I got the message my
pkg-config was too old version 0.5 or greater was required.

I should need the exct command I have to call to install GTK2 (and
additionally Gnome2). The intructions on the site www.gtk.org are not clear for a
newbie.

The funny thing is, I am considering using Linux instead of MS-Win2K to be
in a better position to develop own software and now I cannot even start!

J.B.

http://www.gmx.net