Num keypad Enter doesn't work

Hi. I'm trying to work out why the Enter key on my numeric keypad prints
a square into text entry widgets. It works just like the main enter key
in most situations (e.g. in a gnome-terminal, while editing mail in
evolution, etc.) but in bog standard GtkEntry widgets it just prints
squares and doesn't behave like an enter key at all.

Where should I start looking? I'm wondering if it's a font encoding
issue, but I don't know a thing about it.

Thanks.

--
Graham Ashton