My gtk is does'nt work ??? :(

dear all,

     for the 1st chance, i wanna introduce my self, my name
Muhaimin. indnesian.  :)
i've problem with ny gtk. i've install my gtk. and the
configure file gtk, gtk-config at this location:

gtk/gtk.h -> /usr/include/gtk-1.2/
gtk-config -> /usr/bin/

   my gtk is gtk-1.2.10 version

when i compile file.c with this intruction

  cc namefile.c -o namefile 'gtk-config --libs --cflags'

, there are have some error. the error message are :

gtk-config --libs --cflags : no such file or direktory
gtk/gtk.h : no such file or directory

what i should be with my gtk  to suppose my gtk can get
compile namefile.c ????

thank's

regards,
Muhaimin:)