Solaris 8 Xinerama GDK BadMatch

Hello,
I'm not really sure where to start with regards to reporting
this problem, but the error message has GDK in it so I figure
it best to start here.

On Solaris 8 I am running a dual head system and running Xinerama.
It seems any program that is linked with gtk immediately aborts
with:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Be it gnome-session, gnumeric, or gnome-terminal.  If I turn
off Xinerama and just run it with two screens the programs
seem to work normally.

Any thoughts?

---
David F. Newman