Re: STRANGE SEGFAULT

El Mar 09 Abr 2002 01:27, Paul Davis escribió:
> >The code "seems" ok, so I have tested diferent solutions, in the last, I
> > have decided to lock memory using mlockall(), when using it, application
> > runs ok, I have no much experience on direct system call programming so I
> > can't understand this segfault.
>
> if you don't understand this segfault, i suggest you stay away from
> mlockall() for a fairly long period of time (units of weeks or
> months). mlockall() has absolutely *nothing* to do with your problem.

are you sure ??
perhaps .... but using it runs ok, and without it no, some sugestion ?

You seem to be sure ,of my mistake.. can you explain me , what ?

What I need is some sugestion about "something" to do with my problem.

:)

> >The application is running 2 threads , the first for the gtk_main loop,
> > and the second runs a sound  writer to /dev/dsp loop.
>
> did you read the FAQ entry about threads? www.gtk.org

I'm using pthreads not gthreads. and I understand perfectly the use of
pthreads.

--
Toni Moreno Giménez