2D Graphics with gtk-1.2 (for the developers of GTK+..)

Hi,

i've a question.. i'm doing a 2D game and i'm using a GtkDrawingArea, but i have
some pixmaps that have transparent areas, and i looked on the GTK+
documentation and i only found gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask... So, i'm
wondering, should i use GtkPixmap's to draw this pixmaps that have
transparent areas (and align them with GtkFixed after), or if this uses to many
resources.. if i should only use GdkPixmap's, how can i make the transparent areas?

(someone already answered that question, but i lost my mails, and when
i did a search on gtk.org it didn't came up..., if someone could cc that mail
to me, i would apreciate alot, i think the subject was "transparent style")

Thanks for any help,
Nuno Afonso