Re: GnomeCanvas

> Hi all,
>
>I using gnomecanvas to do some vectordrawing ,
>I want to put a grid on the canvas , to draw each line as an canvasitem seams
>for me to be a waste of performance an memory ,
>
>anyone has a better aproach to suggest ?

either write your own GnomeCanvasGridItem, or accept that a
GnomeCanvasLineItem is a rather small object and just use several of
them.

of course, if you need a grid of several thousand lines, then a custom
canvas item is probably the best thing to do. canvas items are really
easy to write, perhaps an order of magnitude easier than a new
GtkWidget. The two online books listed on www.gtk.org explain how to
do this very well. I've written several new Canvas items based on
their explanations.

--p