Re: autoscrolling via leave_notify

>What the text widget, clist, etc. do is simply look at motion notify,
>and check whether the coordinates are outside the widget.

yeah, so i gathered. what's with the fake event delivered in
horizontal_timeout? it seems odd - there are several places where
gtk_clist_motion() looks into the event struct, but from the timeout
functions, the fields aren't set ... i'd like to understand this,
since "sending" a new motion notify seems like a cool way to do this.

i sort of have this working already with a timeout that does something
else (in my case, i'm scrolling a Canvas, so it just messes with the
hadjustment for the scrolled window that the canvas is packed
in). this is OK too.

--p