Re: Active widgets

Dont listen to either of them :-)
Any "windowed" widget (basically everything other than a GtkLabel)
has the "button_press_event" which you can register a handler for.

to connect:
gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(progress), "button_press_event",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(button_press_callback), NULL);

the callback:

gint button_press_callback(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventButton *event,
gpointer data)
{
   ...handle the event...
}