Re: Glib2 Please Add - alloca string funcs

    Alex> Can we please add alloca versions of the string utilities
    Alex> g_strdup, g_strndup, g_strdup_printf, etc?

I always thought alloca was pretty nonportable.  The manpage on my Linux
system says:

    CONFORMING TO
           There  is  evidence  that  the alloca function appeared in
           32v, pwb, pwb.2, 3bsd, and 4bsd.  There is a man page  for
           it in BSD 4.3.  Linux uses the GNU version.

    BUGS
           The alloca function is machine dependent.

so there's no obvious standard (SVID, POSIX, etc) that it conforms to, and
it may well not be available everywhere.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
http://www.mojam.com/