How to overgive a gtk-widget a funktion?

Hi!
How can I overgive a gtk-widget or Object to an funktion?
An example: I want to use the widget spin in the funktion and ask the
the spin-button value as int. For example some code:

gint funktion(??????????)
{
  gint wert;
  wert = get_value_as_int(??spin);
}

int main()
{
  GtkWidget *spin;
  GtkWidget *button;

  gtk_main(&argc, &argv)

  spin = Gtk_spin_button_new(some_parameters);

  gtk_signal_connect(button, "clicked", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC
(funktion),?????? ;

gtk_main_end();
}

The Code is not right or complete of course,its only for exaple. So I
want to ask the value of spin in the funktion - but I dont want to
define spin global and I dont know how to get spin into the funktion so
that I can use it. When I wrote ??? it mean that I dont know what I must
use.
So please if somebody know what I mean please right my code and send it
back to the mailing-list. Thank you!
Mfg Linuxhippy