Further on GIMP Tutes

:-)
hello list members,

Various queries regarding www.smbd.org <http://www.smbd.org> and their answers are:

A lot of the graphics use PNG format which unfortunately is not properly supported in IE 5.5 or 6 or NEtscape 4.77. Proper support is available Mozilla 0.7 onwards and  on Netscape 6.

I am checking out to see if GIF can be used as I was told in a ILUG meet that GIF is patented and its use could mean a heavy fine. I checked the Unisys document and this seems to say that its use is permitted, but I will further confirm before converting to GIF.

IE5.5 did not support nested ID's in the 'getElementById' function and hence browser SCADA did not appear properly and this has been corrected using another logic.  Netscape 4.77 does not support getElementById function and an update to netscape 6 is recommended.

Some people were using Lynx, i tried using Lynx, my version 2.8.4(dev 16) does not support frames in the conentional way and further 'OnClick' may not be supported. It may not be possible to use Lynx in the current instance.

Anand