Re: gtk12-config doen't recognize libintl

Hi

Havoc Pennington wrote:
My gtk12-config doesn't show -lintl:

[tilman tl tilman]$ gtk12-config --libs
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk12 -lgdk12 -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-E
-lgmodule12 -lglib12 -lXext -lX11 -lm

My Hosts OS is FreeBSD. The libintl.so and libintl.a are in /usr/local/lib.

I can only compile gtk-applications if i add -lintl in the Makefiles.

Any idea what could be the problem?

What is "gtk12-config"? GTK only comes with "gtk-config" which outputs
things like "-lgtk" not "-lgtk12". What version of GTK do you have (I
guess gtk12-config --version)

That renaming was done by the FreeBSD porters, so that it is possible to use different versions of gtk on one system.
My exakt version is 1.2.10

Perhaps during compilation GTK did not find libintl.

I reinstalled gtk12, but that doesn't change anything. I also thought that gtk-config analyzes the current system, when it is run (perhaps i should look into the gtk source *shrug*), so it recognizes changes since it's compilation, doesn't it?.

Regards

tilman