Convenient way to derive the value from a scale?

I'm trying to attach an event to whenever the GtkHScale widget is modified to update a value in another field. I haven't found the correct event (obviously) and the only way I've found to do it so far is constantly check the adjustment value of the widget for a change....

Is there any easier way?  TIA

--

Michael Lee Yohe (myohe redhat com)
Software Developer, Engineering Services

QUIPd 0.12:
-> A monkey repeatedly pressing a lever for THC does not
-> prove addiction. Stuck in a cage with little else to do,
-> dope is about the best thing going.
-> - Joel Miller