Re: fork() and progress bar...

>What I do is to retrieve a row per call to the timeout function, so you
>can do the same and, at the same time you fetch one row, you can update
>the progress bar.

You're kidding, right? You fetch one row *per call* to the timeout
function? What happens if you're fetching 1000 rows? With the smallest
possible timeout being 20ms on most systems, thats 20seconds minimum
to execute something that would probably take way under 1 second
normally ... perhaps your description just wasn't clear.

>recset = gda_connection_execute (cnc, "SELECT * FROM my_table");
>grid = gnome_db_grid_new (recset);

yes, this looks quite superior.

--p