Xlib: unexpected async reply at the end of app

Hello everybody!

I am using GTK+ in a simple image viewer object in our c++ image
processing library.  Everything works fine expept that at the very end
of the application, I get a "Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence
0x31)!" where the 0x31 can change.  It is not a typical GTK+
application, because the main loop resides on an extra pthread, created
only when the user needs to view an image.  This thread is stopped only
at the end application, which also occurs as expected, but after that,
we get the mentioned error...

Does anyone know what can cause this, and how kann we fixed it?

Thanks

Pablo

--
Dipl.-Ing. Pablo Alvarado   <alvarado techinfo rwth-aachen de>
Lehrstuhl für Technische Informatik,    RWTH-Aachen