statically linked GTK+ & glibc libraries

Hi,

I am a developer of Freewebfone for Linux, a free video phone software based on GTK+. We can compile and run Freewebfone on Red Hat Linux. However, many users complained they were unable run it on other distributions such as SuSE or Debian as they got dependency errors to the glibc libraries.

Is there a way that we can link GTK+ & glibc libraries statically? How to do that?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Daniel