Attaching functions to widgets

Hi,

I have a library that implements several dialog boxes.  This library
gets linked in by two applications (say 1 and 2).  One of the dialog
boxes in the library contains Continue and Cancel options, when Continue
is selected, depending on the application running, a function from
application 1 or a function from application 2 has to be called but I do
not want to link in any application specific code in the dialog library.

Is there a way that when say application 1 calls the dialog library  it
can pass in a string with the function name that needs to be called, so
the dialog code can attached this name to the Continue button on the
dialog box and if this button is pressed that functions gets called?

Thanks,

Lourdes T. Maldonado