Re: HTML widget?

Sanjay Bhatnagar writes:
 > John Cupitt writes:
 >   >Sanjay Bhatnagar wrote:
 >   >
 >   >> Is there a widget which would read an html file and display is
 >   >> properly (with hotlinks etc.)?  One with some help/doc/examples would
 >   >> be most useful.
 >   >
 >   >
 >   >I think gtkhtml does what you want:
 >   >
 >   >ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/gtkhtml
 >
 > Thanks John...but gtkhtml seems to require GNOME and I wish to keep my
 > application a pure GTK application only.  So a purely gtk HTML render
 > would be useful.  Know any?

Hi .... I was satisfied with cschtml, but I suspect it's not
maintained anymore. It's a gtkhtml without gnome basically. Grab it
at:

http://www.cscmail.net/cschtml/

I pangoized that but the code needs some adds before being released
(it needs some more cosmetic touches). I can send it to you, perhaps
you can have a look and comment before I put it on the web.

Beware that there is not much documentation in cschtml, but just read
the .h and follow the perl example.

I was pointed to gtkhtml2 that needs only libxml2. It looks very cool
(it has CSS and DOM) but fails on fairly trivial HTML tests (like the
one in cschtml). I hope this will be corrected soon and to have time
to dig into the code (perhpas it's just a mistake on my side ... give it
a try).

Did you consider an embedded mozilla? Does memory/cpu footprint matter
to you?

Bye!
Christian