Re: gtk+-1.2.xxx fatal error in gtktext.c

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Jeremy Henty wrote:
> > 	However, I do know that gtktext is deprecated and is no longer
> > supported
> ??!!?  Is 1.2.x supported or not?  And what is the supported way
> to handle text in 1.2.x?  AFAICT neither the tutorial nor the API
> reference describes any mechanism apart from GtkText.  Am I wrong?

	Opps...first of all, let me stress that I'm not a GTK
developer...just a user.

	Anyway, I *believe* that 1.2.x is supported in the sense that if
you had a question and sent it to gtk-list gnome org, someone (even a
developer) will reply if they knew the answer.  But, I don't think GTK
1.2.x code is going to be changed since work is being done on the
development version of GTK (v1.3.x) for GTK 2.0 .

	Take a look at the mailing list archive and type "gtktext" and any
of these words as a search term:  broken, bug, etc.  I found this one
message, even though I was looking for a more recent one which I read on
the mailing list many months back:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2000-December/msg00324.html

	And to handle text in GTK 1.2.x, you should use guitext if there's
a window of text (instead of a line of text).  As for the new way to
handle text, I ported my code from GTK 1.2.x to 1.3.x in a relatively
short time; so I wouldn't panic.

	Sorry if anyone read my previous e-mail and began to panic...  :-)

Ray