Re: pointer/etc

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Alexey Semenov wrote:

> hi,
>
> > >  i tried. gtk_editable_*_clipboard() work only inside my application.
> >
> >  Do you mean calling gtk_editable_paste_clipboard for say GtkText doesn't
> > paste anything if something is cut to clipboard in *other* app?
>
>  yeah.

 I don't believe you.
 Pressing Ctrl-V in GtkText calls gtk_editable_paste_clipboard directly - see
gtktext.c:control_keys. If gtk_editable_paste_clipboard can't paste data
placed to clipboard by other apps, how one can paste to GtkText by pressing
Ctrl-V?

> > > ps: and another question - how intercept key_press for all windows
> > > opened in X?
> >
> >  If you mean for all windows including other apps' ones, see man XGrabKey
> >  Gnome panel uses it for shortcuts like Meta-R => "run program" prompt.
> >  And it works fine (in gnome-1.4 only, previous versions had severe problems
> > which I fixed). See the source (grep gpanel's sources for XGrabKey).
>
>  hm... i'd like to pop-up my application when some shortcut is
> pressed. and question is - is there smth. in gtk to do like that (or
> only the way to call xlib directly)?

 No, nothing in gtk. Use xlib directly.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad