Re: A New user's Query

BAIJU M wrote:

>    I am new to this mailing list (to linux also). I want to develope an
> application software in linux.Could you list some references for GTK+
> other than this mailing list and gtk.org . Where I can find some nice
> documents about GTK+ .(Please mention any books on GTK+ also). I will be
> reading this mailing lists and examples & tutorials in gtk.org.

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ - A neat tutorial
http://www.gtk.org/faq/      - Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.gtk.org/api/      - an (incomplete) API reference

There's two really good books on GTK+, including Havoc Pennington's
which
is also geared towards development with Gnome. An online version is
available at:

http://www106.pair.com/rhp/gnome-app-devel.html

I'd suggest starting with the tutorial, and then progress onto Havoc's
book.

One other thing, Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ's as they're better
known, answer many newbies questions. Each reasonably busy mailing list
and newsgroup has one, so it's worth tracking them down before posting.
Try the following sites for a comprehensive selection:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/
http://www.faqs.org/

Chris
--