AIX help

Greetings,

I'm painfully new to AIX.  I've used Solaris exclusively at home for several years... worked professionally with BSDi, SCO OpenServer and UnixWare for the past couple years, but recently was switched to a new group at work that's using AIX 4.3 on PowerPCs.  I've been trying to get several versions of GTK/Glib built using the AIX compiler and have so far met with no success.  They'll compile with warnings such as...

ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: p_xargc
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: p_xargv
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: p_xrcfg
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: p_xrc

but applications linked against them will core dump.

Any tips/tricks in getting this to work on this platform?

Many many thanks!

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/