Scrollbars and multiple viewports.

Hi,

I was trying some time ago to write a UI for a program. I needed a strange
type of scrollable widget which I didn't manage to write. The structure of
the widget is

        AAA B 1
        AAA B 1
        AAA B 1

        CCC D

        222

where the '1' and '2' areas are vertical resp. horizontal scrollbars. The
A and B areas should scroll when scrollbar 1 moves. The A and C areas
should scroll when scrollbar 2 moves. The D area should not scroll at all.

It seems to be a problem to connect to different viewports to the same
scrollbars adjustment. It seems that the adjustment just wants one
viewport each. Does anyone know how to construct something like this, or
just how to connect two viewports to the same scrollbar.

I'm new to this, please keep it simple if possible.

David.