NULL text entries?

Hi folks,

I'm trying to set up text entry boxes that are empty.  Unfortunately,
when I create one as such, I get the following error:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkentry.c: line 398 (gtk_entry_set_text):
assertion `text != NULL' failed.

It's not a show stopper, but I'd rather avoid it.

Isn't there a way to create  text entry with nothing in it?  I mean,
besides the quick hack of stashing " " in there.

Thanks all,

DT
--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html