Creeping gaps in GtkToolbar

This was noticed in ther GTK+ (1.2.10) build of vim, but looking at the code, it seems more likely to be a bug in GTK.

What happens is that when an item in a toolbar is removed*, a small gap is left behind - continued adding/removal of an item at a specific point causes an ever expanding blank space [to the left of the insertion point, FWIW] in that location.

I'd guess that a spacing/gap size added with the child widget isn't 'removed' alongside the child's own width when it's deleted.

Is this some flaw on GtkToolbar? I can't see any real problem with *that*, so it seems that the problem would be in the parent GtkContainer - but surely someone would've noticed an item-removal bug in that?

* - GtkToolbar doesn't export a remove call, but the vim code pretty well matches a recommended (1999) solution on this list; it's a fairly straightforward widget-unparent followed by a queued resize signal (plus the usual list gubbins).

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature