Re: Gtk Version

Ian King <king eiffel com> writes:

> Can anyone tell me which gtk version shipped with Redhat 6.2?

It looks like 1.2.6, you might want to double-check if it's really
important.

> Also, what version and above is considered acceptable to use in terms
> of lack of bugs and stability (1.2.8 or greater?).

There's no clear cutoff, the very early 1.2.x are probably noticeably
buggier than 1.2.10, but there isn't an enormous difference between
any two sequential releases. Probably depends on whether you happen to
write code that triggers particular bugs. ;-) It's certainly possible
to write an app that works with 1.2.6 and also newer versions AFAIK.

If you're worried about it you could always ship your own copy of GTK
with your app.

Havoc