Re: program develop tool and debug question

Hi Louis!

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 10:25:06AM -0700, Louis Lu wrote:
> Hi:
>
>   Since I am new in this language, I just
> wondering what is a appropriate tool to develop
> the program,(e.g  I used to us vc++, currently, I am using
> vi), and I would like to know how to do the the debug.
> I would appreciate your time and suggestion thank again.

For debugging I recommand gdb. A nice frontend for gdb is ddd.
If you want to program in c++ you can use one of several "wrappers"
for gtk (gtkmm, another one I don't currently remember and vdk.
VDK has a nice IDE as well (VDKBuilder). Alternatively you could
use glade which can create output for several different languages
(but this one is no real IDE, but "only" a GUI Builder).

Regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: reinhard suamor de
New GnuPG Public Key available on request