Re: Compilation yet not working

On 13 May 2001, Maher Awamy wrote:

> Actually gtk-config will include glib cflags and libs so this is weird.
>
> On Sun, 13 May 2001 01:08:29 +0200, Ronald Bultje said:
> >  On 2001.05.13 01:00:44 +0200 Paulo J. Matos aka PDestroy wrote:
> >  > /usr/include/glib.h:66:24: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
> >
> >  Also add `glib-config --cflags --libs`

In looking at the gtk-config on my machine (RedHat 7.0, Ximian 1.4), it
has the paths from glib-config hardcoded into gtk-config, which IMO is
bad.  If for some reason you've upgraded glib (for instance, Ximian 1.4
puts stuff into /usr/include/glib-1.2 instead of /usr/include, for
forwards compatibilty reasons) but do not have a matching gtk (or any
other mismatch scenario), you'll end up with this problem.

Personally, I think gtk-config should directly call glib-config, rather
than embed the results available at build time.  The whole point of
gtk-config and glib-config is to provide the current installed location,
which could differ from the built-against location for any number of
reasons (different rpm prefix relocation for instance).

      Erik Walthinsen <omega temple-baptist com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_