Re: GTK & Sound

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 04:33:17PM +0530, abhinababasu wrote:
> I appears that the use of sound in Gtk application has raised enough debate.
> But would some body please tell me how I can incorporate sound in Gtk+
> applications. I don't care if the method is not that portable as I have a
> very demanding teacher to satisfy ;^).

Bloody hell :)
Sound has NOTHING TO DO with GTK+. You could just as well ask how to use dishwashing detergent in GTK+. We don't know and we don't care how it's done, but we have a hunch it has something to do with sound libraries (like SDL?) that, if I and everone else haven't made ourselves clear, have NOTHING TO DO WITH GTK, X OR GUI PROGRAMMING AT ALL.

If you can write sound into a console app, you do the exact same thing to write sound into a gtk app. It has nothing to do with gtk.

best of luck :-)