problem with gtk with threads

hi all,

i am developing a gui application in gtk with redhat linux6.2.

my application uses threads along with gtk.

i am creating an gui using gtk in one thread

and doing some processing in another thread.

based on some results in later thread , i insert some

text in the text widget in the gui.

but sometimes it get hanged.

when i pressed the mouse inside the text widget

it displays the message

for this i even used gtk_main_iteration_do().

but still it comes.

what is the reason for this blocking and please suggest me some solutions.

thanks in advance.

regards

madu

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!