GTK+-Warning

I have been running some application (gimp, gnucash, gtkbitchx, pan) all rely on GTK+ and all have been generating a warning message which states that
libxfce.so is missing.  Does anyone know a reason why a library used for
XFCE would be need for these application?  Also, if someone has an idea as to how to stop the warning messages which does not require me to reload XFCE I
would greatly appreciate it. Please send any response to my email address I do
not check this newsgroup regularly.
Thanks