fonts with gtk-framebuffer

Hello,
i've compiled gtk with framebuffer support, but now i need to setup fonts
for pango.

Reading the documentation i know i must setup at least these three aliases:

sans, serif and monospace.

I downloaded the urw-fonts from www.gimp.org and decompressed it under
/usr/local/lib/pango/ft2fonts.

Then i tried to make those aliases using those fonts without luck.
I'm missing what i need to put exactly inside pangoft2.alias.

sans normal normal normal normal "X"

i tried with x as the fontfilename, as the full fontname (found into
fonts.dir), but without luck.

Could someone explaing me how i should handle these aliases?
thank you.

--
Cristian Prevedello, System Administrator at Prosa Labs
plasma prosa it, http://www.prosa.it/