Re: Need help debugging Gdk-ERROR

Ali,

Thank you for the X.h and Xproto.h pointers.

"J. Ali Harlow" wrote:

(snip)
> See Havoc's recent message:
>
> > Run the app in gdb with --g-fatal-warnings:
> > $ gdb myapp
> > (gdb) run --g-fatal-warnings
> > [close the window, note crash]
> > (gdb) backtrace
> >
> > That will show where it crashes.

I tried this, actually, and should have mentioned it.

But, after the Gdk-ERROR (there were actually two this time, same codes,
serial's differing by 1), there was the report that the application has
exited with return value 1.  I tried backtrace anyway, but was told 'no
stack'.

One reason I didn't mention that I had tried this was that I was not
sure that the --g-fatal-warnings approach was useful for tracking down X
errors.

If I run without the --sync argument, my understanding is that when the
error occurs, the current state of the stack may not represent the calls
that produced the error.  Is this correct?

Eric M. Monsler