Destroy Signal

Hello.
     Just a quick question? I have written an application in GTK had have many dialog boxes. When I press the X button on the top right of the dialog box it is killed, and when I try and show the dialog box again I get a run time error, which is natural because by pressing the X Button, I killed the dialog box widget, instead of hiding it. Is there any way I can overwrite the X Button to hide the dialog box instead of killing it, or even disable this button to prevent this happening?

Thakn Ciaran.