Re: GTK+-1.2.9 Released

>> > * Refuse to initialize GTK+ when setuid (http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html)
>

>It includes setgid, however, the check does not kick in if it
>the program has already dropped setgid privileges before initializing
>GTK+.

Whats the nature of the check ? Do I need to use seteuid() or
setruid() or something else to get GTK to believe that I've dropped
setuid priviledges? My programs are soft-real-time audio systems that
are intended to run on primarily dedicated workstations, and need to
use POSIX RT scheduling and mlock(2) to ensure adequate performance. I
attempt to drop setuid before starting GTK. I understand the problems
it can cause, and so although there is no way I can afford to modify
the programs to meet the model described by the link above, I would
like to at least drop the priviledge in an appropriate way.

And note: I will soon be using capabilities instead. Is GTK planning
to do anything special about programs which have the RESOURCE
capability ?

--p