GLib/GTK+ 1.2.9pre3

I've just gtk+-1.2.9pre3.tar.gz, glib-1.2.9pre3.tar.gz at:

 ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/testing/

Barring major reported problems, these will be identical to
the final 1.2.9, except for an update to the NEWS files. I plan
to do the final 1.2.9 on Friday morning.

Please grab these, compile them and test them out.

Other than ~100 bug fixes, the major changes are:

 - There is an experimental theme-engine-only API for themes
   to change geometry parameters. This makes possible a number
   of things which were possible only by unsafe-hacks in
   prior versions of GTK+.

   If you get gtk-engines-0.11.tar.gz from the same location,
   the "Raleigh" theme engine uses this feature.

   (People may be interested in this theme in any case. It is not
   very artistic, but has considerable useability improvements
   over the GTK+-1.2 look.)

 - Support for using fonts (not fontsets) for 8-bit locales with
   charsets other than iso-8859-1 has been added. This should
   not make a difference for users already using fontsets.

   Also, a --with-native-locale option has been added which
   speeds up string handling considerably on machines
   with non-broken locale support. This is not enabled
   by default, but please test it if you are compiling
   on a system with good locale support, such as Solaris,
   or GNU libc 2.2.

 - Menu navigation has been improved with a backport of the
   triangular stay-up region for 1.3.x.

What I'm looking for at this point are regressions from 1.2.8.  If
there was a bug in 1.2.8, and it's still in this version, then it's
not going to be fixed for this release; but please report it and we'll
fix for 2.0.0. (Or 1.2.10, if we do one.)

But I want to make sure that nothing that was working before
is now broken.

Bugs should reported to bugzilla.gnome.org, as per the README
file the tarballs.

Thanks,
                                        Owen