Re: How to set gtk_entry size?
- From: Paul Davis <pbd Op Net>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: "David J. Topper" <topper virginia edu>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: How to set gtk_entry size?
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:58:39 -0400
>> to demonstrate this function (which i trust made it into GTK+ 1.3), i
>> enclose (once again):
>What we have in 1.3 is gtk_entry_set_width_chars(entry, n_chars).
That can't be right. The text of characters in some fonts varies
widely. If I want an entry to precisely contain "lllllllll", it may be
totally different size than if I want it to contain
"mxmxmxmxmxmxm". Not to mention issues with non-Latin1 text.
Oh well, I guess I'll keep posting gtk_entry_set_usize_from_given_text() :)
] [Thread Prev