Re: How to set gtk_entry size?

>> to demonstrate this function (which i trust made it into GTK+ 1.3), i
>> enclose (once again):
>
>What we have in 1.3 is gtk_entry_set_width_chars(entry, n_chars).

That can't be right. The text of characters in some fonts varies
widely. If I want an entry to precisely contain "lllllllll", it may be
totally different size than if I want it to contain
"mxmxmxmxmxmxm". Not to mention issues with non-Latin1 text.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep posting gtk_entry_set_usize_from_given_text() :)

--p