Re: bug?

At 17:32 28-06-2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a window of two buttons and one label in a hbox.
>If I change the text in the label, as a reaction on a signal, the hbox
>will suddenly enlarge and be much larger than it should be...

labels (and containers) expand to display their contents unless told
otherwise.

whats the bug?

if you want the box to be of a fixed size, use gtk_widget_set_usize().

The content of the label is *much* smaller than the size is expands to, that's the bug/problem. The content or "size of content" does not change. It has the same number of characters, even. But the hbox still expands and directly after that I can make the window smaller so it expands to a higher size than it needs...... That does not sound like how it should be to me, but I could be wrong of course.

Anyway, I'll try using the set_usize, although not the nicest solution.

Ronald