Re: Latest version of GTK+, GLIB and Pango !!

Hi,

Raymond Wan <rwan cs mu oz au> writes:

> > I wanted to know the latest versions of GTK+, Glib and Pango. Actually I
> > wanted to run my application with Frame Buffer enabled. Please help to
> > proceed. Please let me know, the availability of these packages.
>
> 	Take a look at:  http://www.gtk.org/ for more information.  In
> particular, take a look at:  http://www.gtk.org/download/ to obtain the
> latest versions.  You probably want the latest stable release of 1.2.X .

he/she probably wants to use the unstable branch since the intention is
to use the framebuffer device. You will find the unstable version at the
same place but beware that this is unstable development software.

Another place to grab the latest packages from is http://www.directfb.org/
where you will find a hardware accelerated version of GTK+ for the Linux
framebuffer. Of course the same warning applies here: this is unstable
development stuff. You have been warned.

Salut, Sven