configure on Win9x

Hi.

I'm trying to configure glib, but when I try to make
it, it fails. When I look at the log for configure,
I get the following error messages:

configure:3741: checking for wctype.h
configure:3748: C:/cygwin/bin/gcc -E  conftest.c
>/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:3744: wctype.h: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/c/glib/obj/configure:3886: undefined
reference to `iswalnum'

configure: In function `main':
configure:5366: too many arguments to function
`pthread_getspecific'
configure: failed program was:
#line 5363 "configure"

configure:5426: warning: unused variable `tval'
configure: failed program was:
#line 5421 "configure"

[end snippets]

I have tried building with both cygwin and djgpp, and
yes, I am using GNU make. Either there are errors in
the configure file, or it won't compile with the two
compilers I'm using. Why not?

Thanks.