copying pixmaps

Hi,

I writing something for which I need two separate copies of the same
GdkPixmap--one of which will be drawn to, while the other is used to
restore areas of the first to their initial state. Since the XPMs I'm
be nice if I could load them once and then make copies in memory instead of
calling gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm twice. I presume there is some simple
way to do this, but I don't see any copy functions.

Is there a way to get the dimensions of a GdkPixmap after creating it from
an arbitrarily-sized XPM? If I could do that my problem would be solved,
since I could create a blank GdkPixmap of the appropriate size and use
gdk_draw_pixmap to copy from one to the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
J.