Re: Widgets not showing up

Chris Schadl wrote:

> I've written a simple UI with a menubar, a hpaned window with a ctree and a
> clist packed into either side, and a status bar at the bottom of the
> window.  Unfortunatley, only the hpaned container and its child widgets are
> displayed; the menubar and the status bar are not.  Is there something
> wrong with my code that would cause this?  I've writen simmilar interfaces
> that have worked just fine in the past, but this one has me stumped.

    mainbox = gtk_vbox_new(FALSE, 0);
    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), vbox);

                                           ^^^^^^^^

Did you mean mainbox there? vbox hasn't been created yet!

    paned = gtk_hpaned_new();
    gtk_paned_set_position(GTK_PANED(paned), 200);
    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), paned);

    vbox = gtk_vbox_new(FALSE, 0);
    gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(window), vbox);

Why are you adding all these to window? A window can only have one child.
(Didn't GTK+ complain about this?)

Damon