Re: Popup windows

"Ian King" <king eiffel com> writes:
> I want to create a window with no decorations, that allows widgets inside it
> to behave as they do with a normal top level window.
>
> Can I create a top level window that
>
> 1) Has no decorations and only shows the client area.
> 2) Cannot be moved or resized by the user (I guess this is done by changing
> the window policy).

gdk_window_set_decorations (window->window, 0) to disable decorations,
gtk_window_set_policy() to turn off resizing, disabling movement is
impossible due to the way window management and X work.
gdk_window_set_functions() in principle lets you disable movement but
AFAIK most window managers ignore that hint.

Havoc