Re: [set][get]_property

Ron Steinke <rsteinke w-link net> writes:

> >From examining the code, it looks like the [set,get]_property
> functions of GObject (and its descendents) only handle the
> properties of the object itself and not those of its
> ancestors. Is this true, and if so is there a reason for this?

Well, it would be a real pain if the code for gtkcheckbutton.c had
to duplicate all the property setting/getting code for
ToggleButton, Button, Widget, GtkObject, GObject....

In fact, many of those property setting calls probably are
using private parts of the widget implementation which are
not available to external code.

I'm not sure if I'm quite answering your question, however...

Regards,
                                        Owen